Monday, April 11, 2011

The Forgotten Project & a Pattern Idea

The forgotten project! It's so wonderful, really. I love, LOVE this pattern. It's a bit of a pain in a sense, because when I did this I was new to crochet. A nearly total newbie, if you will. My husband saw a version of this and set me out to find the pattern ASAP. Here is the finished product (with him in it!)


Yes! You see it correctly! It's a beanie. It's a beard! It's... the Ultimate Bearded Beanie! Of course, I used the hubby's preferred beanie pattern. It's a very nice pattern I found over at Lion Brand. I LOVE most of their patterns. Go figure. The beard comes from a lovely woman on Etsy. Her shop is called ByLauraDesign. I like the texture of this one versus the original beard, but they are both truly awesome. A very, very cool play on the traditional ski mask.


Onto the pattern revision. I'll probably edit it into the original post but I'll stick it here for now. On the Tri-Strand Easter Basket you can do double crochet instead of half double crochet. It makes for a different look AND gives you the ability to weave some ribbon through and give the basket a bit of a different look!

No comments:

Post a Comment